Wednesday 3 March 2021

A Day For Positive Communication


 So to wish others well. To wish for them to connect with their deeper self, their loving self. That is my wish for those who were arrested, for those who were assaulted, for those who were watching the tragic event at the anti-lockdown demonstration in Dublin last Saturday.

Rather than taking sides or condemning anyone I wish them well. I do condemn unnecessary violence but I cannot afford to condemn anyone as I don't know what brought them to where they are. As I don't know, would I have behaved better, I hope I would have, but we don't really know until 'we walk in someone else's shoes' what would do in their situation.

To be mature I have to live with the paradox, to wish others well but still be able to condemn certain behaviours that create war rather than dialogue. 

Yet, non-violent, consistent assertiveness of what we believe in is important. We are responsible for sharing our corner of the truth as we see and experience it, but so are others. To be able to listen with dignity and kindness to the point of view we hate, enable our minds to remain open to solutions and possibilities of how to find a compromise/solution we can all live with. And so I wish all of us love and kindness in our hearts but also courage to be true to who we are today and always.


No comments:

Post a Comment